Do you have any poor habits that you want to change? When you’re tired or bored, do you fall into any small vices? Is there an addiction you’ve wanted to kick for years? Drawing from his book Coming Clean: A Story of Faith, Seth Haines leads an exploration of the ways in which you may use any vice, habit, or addiction to avoid the pains of life. Discover how you can journey to freedom by approaching a good and loving God.
Take the next step to come clean of any poor habits in your life. Get a free 30-day email journal from Seth Haines, popular author of ‘Coming Clean’, and hear his prayers on Abide.
Prep Questions for Coming Clean
- Ask God to show you the vices, habits, or addictions you might be nursing. Can you name what lies beneath them?
- In what ways do you find yourself dependent upon things other than God for comfort?
- Ask God to help you identify the distracting voices of life. What voices upend your communion with God?
Prayers for Coming Clean
- Coming Clean - Prayer 1
- Coming Clean - Prayer 2
- Coming Clean - Prayer 3
- Coming Clean - Prayer 4
- Coming Clean - Prayer 5
- James 5:16 “Make this your common practice: Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you can live together whole and healed.”
- Psalm 62:7 “My salvation and my honor depend on God.”
Interested in going deeper? Get a copy of Seth Haine's popular new book, Coming Clean: A Story of Faith